Dear Mom in waiting, I’ve put these Bible verses together with you in mind. I pray it will minister truth and comfort to you and may the Lord strengthen you.
I know every woman’s journey, story, and medical issues are different. I won’t pretend to understand what you are going through, but know that God does.
Personally, I hate waiting and I would be lying if I tell you that I enjoyed my waiting season; I didn’t. It taught me patient, humility and total dependence on God. It made me realized how much I needed God and without Him, I won’t make it.
Now that I am a mother of 3, I am thankful for all the lessons learned and my children are worth the wait.
1. Depend on the Lord; trust him, and he will take care of you. Psalm 37:3, NCV.
2. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him. Psalm 37:7, NCV.
3. Isaac’s wife could not have children, so Isaac prayed to the Lord for her. The Lord heard Isaac’s prayer, and Rebekah became pregnant. Genesis 25:21, NCV.
4. He gives children to the woman who has none and makes her a happy mother. Psalms 113:9, NCV.
5. I wait for the Lord to help me, and I trust his word. Psalm 130:5, NCV.
6. Give your worries to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will never let good people down. Psalm 55:22, NCV.
7. You will be blessed more than any other people. Every husband and wife will have children, and all your cattle will have calves. Deuteronomy 7:14, NCV.
8. So Hannah became pregnant, and in time she gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel,[a] saying, “His name is Samuel because I asked the Lord for him.” 1 Samuel 1:20, NCV.
9. The Lord was kind to Hannah, so she became the mother of three sons and two daughters. And the boy Samuel grew up serving the Lord. 1 Samuel 2:21, NCV.
10. Then God remembered Rachel and answered her prayer, making it possible for her to have children. Genesis 30:22, NCV.
11. By faith even Sarah received the ability to have a child, though she herself was barren and past the age for having children because she believed that the one who promised was faithful. Hebrews 11:11, CEB.
12. Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them! He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates. – Psalm 127:3-5, NLT.
13. I will bless you and give you many children; I will keep my part of the covenant that I made with you. Leviticus 26:9, GNT.
14. And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Genesis 1:28, ESV.
15. Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.” Romans 4:18, NIV.
16. “There shall be no one miscarrying or barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days. Exodus 23:26, NASB.
18. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table. Psalm 128:3, ESV.
19. Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10, NLT.
20. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6, ESV.
To the Mom in waiting – May the LORD visit you today. May the LORD bless you and fulfill your heart desires. May you bear fruit in every area of life.