Don’t get me wrong marriage is great, I am very happy with mine, but there are some truths about marriage your married friends may not have told you.
Most times, you will only find out the truth during a divorce, how miserable the relationship was, even though at the time they appeared like the perfect couple!
There are different kinds of marriages out there; you will be amazed that your motives for getting married are different from your partner.
You’d better ask the right questions before you say I do, just don’t assume their motives are the same as yours. Hello! You really don’t know anyone that well except for what they are willing to share with you.
15 Truths You Need To Know Before Getting Married.
1. Marriage will not make you happier if you weren’t already.
2. If you are a boring Singleton, you are likely to become more boring especially if you are not open to new ideas.
3. Marriage will not change who you already are, rather reveal your true-self.
4. Marriage will not solve your problem, it would more than likely create additional problems.
5. Marriage is for mature people and maturity has nothing to do with age.
6. Marriage isn’t cheap. There are more bills to be paid when you get married. If you can’t pay your bills now then you are going to struggle with debt.
7. Men – If you don’t like to talk, don’t get married because women love to talk especially with their husband.
8. If you enjoy the freedom of being single, keep on enjoying it, because marriage will place a demand on your time. It’s not all about you anymore.
9. Marriage can be stressful, and stress is bad for your health.
10. Marriage does not mean more sex. Nah!
11. You are not just marrying your partner, you get the entire family!
12. Getting married is cheap but divorce is expensive and can give you a bad credit.
13. You are likely to put on weight.
14. You become a better actor/actress in marriage by pretending not to notice how embarrassing your partner behave sometimes.
15. You really discover who you’re married to later not before.