To each person, we forgive for different reasons. The Bible says in Colossians 3:13 (NIV) that,
“13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
There are so many reasons why it is good to forgive, regardless of what the other person have done to us. It’s easier also said than done! Am sure by now we all know it’s just not cool when you are the one on the receiving end of someone else wickedness.
I know that in the past, I have caused others pain, whether knowingly or unknowingly. I have come to regret the once am aware of, even the once am not aware of; I have since ask God for forgiveness.”
Don’t get me wrong marriage is great, I am very happy with mine, but there are some truths about marriage your married friends may not have told you.
Most times, you will only find out the truth during a divorce, how miserable the relationship was, even though at the time they appeared like the perfect couple!
There are different kinds of marriages out there; you will be amazed that your motives for getting married are different from your partner.
You’d better ask the right questions before you say I do, just don’t assume their motives are the same as yours. Hello! You really don’t know anyone that well except for what they are willing to share with you.
15 Truths You Need To Know Before Getting Married.
1. Marriage will not make you happier if you weren’t already.
2. If you are a boring Singleton, you are likely to become more boring especially if you are not open to new ideas.
3. Marriage will not change who you already are, rather reveal your true-self.
4. Marriage will not solve your problem, it would more than likely create additional problems.
5. Marriage is for mature people and maturity has nothing to do with age.
6. Marriage isn’t cheap. There are more bills to be paid when you get married. If you can’t pay your bills now then you are going to struggle with debt.
7. Men – If you don’t like to talk, don’t get married because women love to talk especially with their husband.
8. If you enjoy the freedom of being single, keep on enjoying it, because marriage will place a demand on your time. It’s not all about you anymore.
9. Marriage can be stressful, and stress is bad for your health.
10. Marriage does not mean more sex. Nah!
11. You are not just marrying your partner, you get the entire family!
12. Getting married is cheap but divorce is expensive and can give you a bad credit.
13. You are likely to put on weight.
14. You become a better actor/actress in marriage by pretending not to notice how embarrassing your partner behave sometimes.
15. You really discover who you’re married to later not before.
Little is written about Joseph the carpenter, the father of Jesus. Joseph represents: A man of great courage, integrity, obedience and great faith. These are qualities one should look out for in a man.
Nothing could have prepared him for the route his life took. Let us travel in Joseph’s shoes for a moment. In his late teens, Joseph fell in love with a maiden by the name Mary, with the hope that they will get married. I guess they are just like normal teenagers in their time, excited about what the future will be ahead for them.
I bet not in a million years did they think that their lives would change the way it did. Just like you and I today, some of the things we had being or going through, we never thought we would be where we are today. Reality is always different from what we imagined; reality is what we all do, not fantasy. Continue reading